“Their knowledge of the Salesforce platform, combined with their can-do attitude, made a real difference”
Client: A leading university in the South West of England, with an active international recruitment team
Location: South West England
Type of Project: Salesforce Implementation
When project: completed September 2013
This university’s International team needed a technology platform to help them manage enquires from prospective students – enquires received from multiple channels, across multiple global locations, and involving a number of staff, agents and university partners.
Why they asked for support
The team had identified Salesforce.com as their preferred technology solution, but needed help and support to identify the right mix of apps and configurations for their needs, and training to ensure their team would adopt the system quickly.
What we did
Following a quick review of the relevant business processes, we provided initial feedback identifying project ‘quick wins’, and longer-term recommendations about how to best configure Salesforce to meet their needs.
Our consulting team then configured the system, and provided training to ensure that certain key activities could be managed quickly and efficiently, including:
- Enquiry Management – managing correspondence – mainly by email – from prospective students enquiring about courses at this leading university.
- Outreach – helping the International team record and manage details of meetings and connections with prospective students – often from face-to-face discussions at events and exhibitions
- Segmented email marketing – communicating with prospective students, school counsellors, agents and other contacts with rich segmentation, in-built analytics and trail on bounce-backs and click-throughs
- Lead management – taking leads from external web portals and agents, and managing all subsequent communication with these contacts through Salesforce
- Social media monitoring and engagement – identifying contacts within social media, engaging with these contacts, and nurturing these contacts as prospective students.
- School Liaison – managing the processes and data related to school contacts and counsellors, communicating with them, and recording the prospective students that they come into contact with.
Now the team is ‘live’, with Salesforce managing these key business processes, the International team is able to manage relationships with prospective students from any location, using any device. They can record key contact information and diary plan further communications with prospective students as soon as a meeting is held, or an enquiry is received.
What’s more, the department is getting better value from their existing marketing activity and tools – integrating channels such as social media and dotMailer email communications within Salesforce to make processes easier, and build a complete picture of interaction with all prospective students.
Feedback from the client
Purple Vision were great to work with – we needed our Salesforce system up-and-running urgently to help support the busiest time of our year. Their knowledge of the platform, combined with their can-do attitude made a real difference
Find out more about this type of service
Can we help?
Whatever your question, we’re happy to help. You can