Gift Aid allows UK registered charities and community sports clubs to claim back the basic rate tax already paid on donations made by your donors. This means you can claim back from the government 25p on top of every £1 donated, boosting the value of the donation by a quarter.
It’s not quite as simple as asking for money back from the government for every transaction you make though. Some donations not eligible for Gift Aid. For example:
- donations from non-UK taxpayers
- donations on behalf of someone else or a group of people
- company donations
- the donation was made in return for goods, rights or services, including event tickets
- receipts from agents such as Just Giving, CAF etc, where they have already claimed gift aid for you
Just to add further complexity, a single receipt may include both gift-aid and non gift-aid elements – like when a supporter purchases merchandise (not eligible) and then makes a top up donation (eligible).
In short, it’s complicated.
Which is why we have developed Gift Aid for Salesforce NPSP to save your admin headaches and take care of the technical details.
Gift Aid for Salesforce NPSP is ideal for charities and non profits who:
- have a messy and unsuccessful Gift Aid process in place
- use Salesforce NPSP and want to integrate Gift Aid management with Salesforce
- are not currently claiming Gift Aid and want to make a start
How Gift Aid for Salesforce NPSP works:
The Purple Vision Gift Aid App works alongside the Salesforce Non Profit Success Pack. We will install it and work with you to set up the background codes and funding allocations.
- creates a link between your NPSP and your donors manual and online gift aid declarations
- updates your contacts and transactions so they display the gift aid component of each eligible unit of income you receive
- provides a claims page to help you run claims for periods of time which you speciy
- enables you to manage retrospective claims (for gifts up to four years ago)
- displays all claims so you can record paid vs unpaid as the cash arrives from HMRC
This automatic assessment is based on the rules laid out by HMRC and happens automatically in the background.
Some of our customers have found that the retrospective claim feature alone has revealed tens of thousands of pounds in unclaimed giving. A boost we’d all like to find!
Who you’ll work with:
This service is typically delivered by Lawrance Titterton, our small charities Salesforce expert, who has extensive experience of both non profits (he runs his own charity!) and NPSP and Gict Aid. Lawrance has the backing and support of our team of consultants, associates and developers to help with his projects – between us all we have thousands of hours of experience in non-profit management and technology.
Call us on 0203 176 1249 or email [email protected] or complete our online form
Gift Aid for Salesforce NPSP is just one of our services for non profits using Salesforce Non Profit Success Pack. We also offer:
- NPSP QuickStart
- Additional integrations
- User adoption support
- Email marketing support services
- Data, analytics and insight services
Get in touch
Get to grips with Gift Aid
For full details of the scheme and eligibility requirements, see the HMRC website.